Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy 4th! I made it!

Well, I ran my first 5k yesterday.....what an experience! Lots of people there that I knew, so it was nice to see familiar faces. My one and only goal was to run the ENTIRE route, NO walking. And I did it! I was super thrilled. I didn't care how long it took, just as long as I ran the whole way. 7 1/2 months of training paid off! My time was 33 minutes even. Not too bad for my first 5k. Richie and the kids were waiting at the finish line for me and it was so awesome! Bucket list checkmark!
I loved seeing all of the people out to support their family members that were running. There was one guy and a little girl about 2 years old that was at every intersection as we would run by cheering their Mom on. That was the sweetest thing!
I didn't really have any good pictures from the race to post--the two Richie was able to get were blurry (I'd like to think it was because I was SO fast, but I think it's the camera, not my speed!)

Last night we went to my grandparents' house in Oklahoma. We don't do a lot with them throughout the year and we even missed Christmas last year, so they had never even seen Landen. So, I asked Richie if he would mind if we went over there for the 4th. They always have a great big shin-dig and my Aunt and Uncle from Texas usually come up, so it gives us an opportunity to visit with them. Oh my--it was so funny! My grandpa loves karaoke and there was a man there that imitated Elvis. We all laughed so hard--he danced, he sang. I just hope I have 1/2 that energy at his age!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Good for you, I would have ran with you!! That would have been fun.