Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Meeting

Well, the dinner with Angela (Kyle's girlfriend) went great! We talked for over two hours and it felt like I was hanging out with an old friend. We have decided to get together again this week! She is very sweet and I think what helps the most is that we have so many things in common. I truly hope this is a great beginning to a long friendship. I know my kids are going to love hanging out with her and I think that since she understands what it feels like to be a Mom and to love your kids so much, she will respect my feelings and me. Anyway, it was a great meeting and I feel much better about the situation. We are going to get together by ourselves a few times so that we can get comfortable with each other. That way when we add Kyle, his family, and the kids to the mix, our relationship will be established.
I know it's a weird situation--at times, she and I had to stop and remind ourselves about the situation because we were having such a good time!
Well, I have started to leave Opie free in the house while I am at work. So far, it's working out. Cross your fingers it stays that way because I would like to have him out and about since Andy (Richie's dog) will soon be here.

No comments: