Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Not So Good Day

Well, today was a gloomy day....not sure why, but I have just been feeling icky. Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the death of my Auntie Karen. It's the first anniversary of her death since my Uncle remarried. And,for some reason, it was hard. I guess as I go through these changes in my life, I can't help but think of other losses I have experienced. Friendships, relationships with relatives, dreams, hopes... Then, I get mad--mad that people who are still living can walk away from others. Then, I get sad. Sad that I have experienced several "lasts" in my life. And the circle of emotion continues. So, I guess today is just an emotional hangover from yesterday. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
My new house is coming along...I got a quote to have my cabinets in the kitchen painted--HOLY COW! The guy wanted $2800 to paint the exterior of the cabinets. Um, no. I have so much to do such as buy Weston a new bed, buy bedding for all of our rooms, buy a carport...well, you get the picture. So, I guess I will scrub the ones I have and call them good. I really hope to be in the new place by my birthday--what a great present that would be!!

No comments: