Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Brace Yourself

Well, at 30, I am getting braces. But hey, they have come a long way since I had them as a teenager! I am getting Invisalign braces--clear trays that you wear two weeks at a time and then change to a different one. It was so weird sitting in the ortho chair--I was by far the oldest patient! What made me feel even more older was when the orthodontist removed a permanent wire placed on the back of my teeth from my previous orthodontist. Side note of explanation--after you have braces, they usually place a permanent wire behind your 4 front teeth to keep them in position. Well, as she was removing the wire to begin my "new" braces treatment, I realized I had had the wire in for 17 years! At that moment, I realized it had been 17 years since my last trip to the orthodontist, but what's bad about that was that most of the patients there aren't even 17!! I have experienced what they call "ortho relapse". Nothing major--in fact you can't tell very much from my front teeth, but in the back my teeth have moved quite a bit. So, I want to have it fixed--it causes some issues, and I have wanted to do this for a long time.
Kylie's kindergarten class had their Kindergarten Program last night and boy was she cute! She is such a dancing fool! I was cracking up watching that girl boogie! My whole family was tickled as she shook her booty--she has some moves! Her cheerleading team has grown this year! There are 20 girls and they are now able to compete in the "mini" division which is more relative to their age. They have such a great chance of winning some competitions this year!

No comments: