Friday, June 05, 2009

Glad Yesterday Is Over!

You ever had one of those days that gets progressively worse? That was my yesterday. Nothing went right and it seemed the more the day progressed, the worse it seemed to get. I was so ready to go to bed last night! Richie knew my day had been a hard one. It was so funny because right before bed, I couldn't find my Invisalign retainers. I searched and searched and I had lost them. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He even said, "you need to just go to bed." He was SO right. It was obvious that the only cure was a fresh start in the morning. After I went to bed, he was so sweet and lay down beside me and started caressing my head and it was so soothing. It was the sweetest thing. Isn't it funny how the tiniest gestures, the smallest pieces of the day can somehow make you forget all that happened during the day. At that moment, I forgot about all the drama, all the stress and I just let him soothe me. I fell asleep shortly thereafter and didn't wake up until around 5:30 a.m. Lately I can't sleep, I hurt and just can't get comfortable. But last night I slept like a baby.

No comments: