Friday, August 15, 2008

Baby Mama

Wednesday night was a weird night. I can't think of any other word to describe it. The day started getting weird around 2 pm. I was sitting in a doctor's office listening to him and all of the sudden my head just started throbbing and throbbing. I couldn't hardly focus on what he was saying. My eyes hurt and I was about an hour and a half from home. Great, I thought. I have to drive home with a massive headache. The drive wasn't too bad--my audiobooks are really helping the time fly by. But, when I got home I was ready to go to bed. The headache was starting to make me sick to my stomach too. Great--a migraine. I haven't had a migraine in a long time! I went in and put my stuff away and just planted myself in the chair for the night. Then, the nausea set in. I ate dinner thinking I would feel better, but after an hour and a half, it was worse. And my head wasn't getting any better. I went to bed, but never went to sleep. And about 10:30 pm, I started throwing up. I threw up every 30 minutes until finally at 2 a.m., I woke Richie up and told him he had to take me to the ER. When we get to the ER, the doctor that walked in was a guy that Richie graduated with from high school. He came in and told me that he wanted to do a CAT scan before he gave me any pain medication. I asked for some nausea medicine first and so he left the room to get some. A few minutes later he came back and sat down. He asked if I requested that they do a pregnancy test when I came in. I told him no, but that I had told the nurse yes when she asked if there could be any chance I was pregnant since I wasn't late and hadn't started yet (there's always that chance ya know). He said, "Well, you're pregnant." WHAT? HUH? I then asked him if he was sure he had the right room! At this point, it was 3 a.m. and I thought I was having some sort of weird dream. The whole day had just been surreal. He said that he was in the right room and that more than likely I was having a migraine/nausea from the pregnancy. "But I am not even late yet!" Guess that doesn't matter!
So, I started the afternoon with a headache and ended the evening knocked up. I think I am still in shock.
The way I have it figured, I am due around April 26th. Pregnant--I don't feel pregnant yet though. Heck, it's been 7 years since I have been pregnant. I don't even remember what you can and can't eat! And I don't own a single baby item anymore! It's like starting completely over!
We have decided not to find out what it is. I have a boy and a girl. I think it will be awesome to know when we meet him/her!

No comments: