Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Belly Bandit!

I am trying ANYTHING in an effort to keep Opie from pottying all over my house. The latest trick is called the "Belly Band" and my Mom found it at the local dog store. It basically a piece of material that you stick a maxi pad into and that way when he pees, its in the pad, not the carpet. Well, Opie in his true "I am gonna pout" form really tried to throw a guilt trip when I put it on him. He wouldn't move for 30 minutes. Then he held a leg up for awhile. Anything to get some sympathy. But I didn't fall for it. He's such a spoiled brat and has been in control lately. Well, I have to figure out how to get him back in control. So, this is the first step. My next beast to tackle is the "leash" issue. Opie HATES the leash. He literally goes nuts! It's actually quite amusing. Well, I have learned a few tricks to try in hopes of easing him into the idea. So, we will get him used to his new pants, then we'll try the leash!

No comments: